The Embassy desk of Russell Advocaten regularly organizes seminars and workshops for Embassies and facilitates legal lectures for incoming trade missions. In June, we will focus in two parallel sessions on:
- Employment Law (personnel handbook, illness, etc.)
- Real Estate (government permits, environment, etc.)
During these interactive meetings, practical legal questions and developments will be discussed. Our aim is to present relevant information in an easily accessible way.
|Date:||Monday, 12 June 2017|
|Time:||12:00h – Registration, coffee / tea / lunch|
|12:30h – Workshops|
|13:30h – Questions and discussion|
|14:00h – Closing|
|1082 AG Amsterdam|
Workshop 1: Employment Law
This workshop will focus mainly on the effect of a personnel handbook in preventing employment related legal issues. We will discuss the importance of applying rules and instructions and the positive effects thereof. Topics to be discussed include:
- Content and drafting of a personnel handbook
- Which rules on, for example, employee absenteeism, sick leave and reimbursement of (travel) expenses should be included?
- Rules for the use of e-mail, Internet and social media?
- Misconduct and sanctions
- How can the personnel handbook be amended?
Speakers: Jan Dop, LL.M. and Roos Inklaar, LL.M.
Workshop 2: Real Estate
This workshop will provide an introduction to Dutch Real Estate Law, with a focus on government permits and building restrictions for Embassies and their neighbours. Topics to be discussed include:
- How to get a government permit to build, expand or adjust a building for your residency or Embassy
- What to do against infringing building plans of your neighbours?
- Environmental plans and zoning plans: restrictions and possibilities
- How to deal with nuisance in the neighbourhood
- Lease, sublease
Speakers: Reinier W.L. Russell, LL.M. and Ynze Kliphuis, LL.M.
Please register for a workshop by filling out the form below. Registration for our workshops is open and free of charge. Please feel free to bring a colleague or invite.
For further information, please contact:
Kim Hogewoning (T: 020 – 301 55 55) or e-mail us at email@example.com.